Welcome to BHSA's
10-13 Recreational Soccer
All teams are coed
League is played 9 v 9 (8 players plus the Goalie)
Games may be played 8v8 if lack of players (min number of players to make game official is 7)
This division allows more skills to be used by the players
Rules are based on FIFA's Laws of the Game
Games are two 30 min halves / which may be broken up into 4 - 15 min quarters
Teams meet ONCE a week for practice
All games are played on Sunday afternoon starting at 12:30pm
Games may also be played during the week
The offside rule is enforced at this level of play
HEADING OF THE BALL IS ALLOWED
PLAYOFFS are played at this level
YOU CAN NOT BE IN HIGH SCHOOL AND PLAY IN THIS LEAGUE
ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
SIZE 4 SOCCER BALL
BHSA currently follows the guidelines set forth in the current revision of FIFA LAWS OF THE GAME in addition to those rules the following guidelines shall also be adhered to:
- If play is stopped due to an injury, the “injured” player must be subbed off the field for a minimum of 2 minutes.
- If play is stopped due to a foul which causes another player to fall and get “injured” both players must be subbed for a min of 2 minutes
- If a player is noticed to be playing with anger that player must be subbed immediately for a min of 2 minutes.
- If a player causes two fouls (i.e. tripping, pushing, slide tackling) within the same quarter that player must be sat the remainder of that period.
- No player is allowed to play an entire half without being subbed
- If score reaches an excess of a 4 point differential it shall be agreed upon that the more advanced players of the winning team play defense (not to cross midfield) giving the less advanced kids a chance to actually touch the ball. Once score drops below the four point differential stronger players can be moved back into offense positions if desired.
- FINAL score can not be in excess of a 6 point differential, if not adhered too, a forfeit will be given to the team with too many goals
ALL PLAYERS MUST PLAY
This is a RECREATIONAL league and NOT a COMPETITIVE / INSTRUCTIONAL league